Check out what is happening in Puyallup this week!
1. Storytime Did you miss storytime last Friday? Well, you’re in luck because you can go this Friday! Reading is a great activity, and you can never start reading with your kids too early. Come downtown to the local public library for storytime. Preschool Stories are available for children 3 to 5 years old on Fridays from 10-11 AM. Toddler Treasures are available for children 1 to 3 years old on Fridays from 11:15-11:45 am
2. Just Between Friends Fall Sale Are you a bargain shopper? Do you enjoy saving money and getting good deals? Then come check out the Just Between Friends Fall Sale at the fair. You will find clothing for infants-teens, toys, furniture, baby gear, shoes, books and more! Military, first-time parents and foster/adoptive parents can pre-register. Click here for contact information
3. Crossroads Doll and Teddy Bear Show Are you a fan or collector of dolls and teddy bears? The largest doll and teddy bear event in the Northwest is taking place at the Washington State Fair this weekend! You will find antiques, miniatures, doll making supplies, accessories and furniture. The main attraction: dolls and teddy bears from antique to modern and a selection of acclaimed artists.
4. Mickey Fay’s Northwest Extreme Flat Track Racking Indoor short track racing, motorcycles, and quads at the Washington State Fair this weekend! Enter through the Green Gate and make your way to the Paulhamus Arena. The event is taking place Sunday the 23rd from 5-10pm. Admission is $10 and kids ages 6 and under are free. The Mickey Fay’s race is sure to be an entertaining and thrilling evening for all ages.
5. Free Yard Waste Composting Class Are you trying to be more environmentally friendly? This week, learn how to recycle your yard debris materials into rich, organic compost. Pierce County is offering a free yard waste compost class from 6 to 8 pm on Wednesday, October 19th at WSU Extension Puyallup. Click here to register.
6. Northwest Winter Pigeon Classic ‘Devoted to the breeding and raising of pigeons for pleasure and the promotion of fellowship among the pigeon fraternity in general,’ the Puget Sound Pigeon Club is gathering at the Washington State Fair this weekend. This event takes place Saturday, October 22nd, in the AgriPlex, 8am – 6pm, admission is free